Oh this weekend was glorious – our first with sunshine and the feeling of summer in the air in London. We had such a lovely time with friends – I love that feeling when you have had such a good weekend you don’t even get the Monday blues! Here are my five things from this weekend that made me smile:
- Finishing work on Friday and enjoying some ciders in the garden in the last of the evening sun.
- A Saturday trip to Putney for the Oxford Cambridge boat race and sitting in the park with drinks and good friends.
- Despite a slight headache on Sunday morning, I completed my first 6km which felt like such an achievement – now to improve on my time! Determined to run a 10km by the end of the summer so going to gradually try and improve my distance and my speed!
- A Sunday afternoon spent in the garden with a glass of wine and my new book, Still Alice. It is an amazing read so far and I can’t wait to watch the film. We also did some gardening and cleaned our barbeque so our garden is summer-ready!
- Last but not least, the excitement of waiting on Season 5 of Game of Thrones – we are all set for it this evening! Any other GoT fans out there?!